RE: [NTISP] IIS inetinfo.exe problem

Alejandro de Haro ( (no email) )
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 12:01:47 -0300

I went into the same problem about 2 years ago and I didn't use ASP nor SSL
in my NT40/IIS (fully patched). I really dont know wich app is the
responsible for the memory flood but I saw that takes about 30-40 hs to
"inetinfo" to eat all the memory, so I schedule al tiny "restart" command
line program to reboot my system once a day.
I know this is not the mos elegant solution (in fact, is not a solution) but
you can forget about the frozen server right now and investigate the memory
flood quite cool.

If you want a copy of restart.exe, give a call.

Hope this helps
Regards
Alejandro de Haro
http://www.gtnautica.com.ar

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Greg <greg@isat.com>
Para: ntisp@iea-software.com <ntisp@iea-software.com>
Fecha: Miércoles 8 de Diciembre de 1999 20:35
Asunto: [NTISP] IIS inetinfo.exe problem

I have a web server with about 20 domains on it (shopping cart server with
cart32)
It has been running for a year now with no problems but last week
inetinfo.exe will go to 50% cpu usage and ASP will not function and you have
to reboot the server .
The only thing unique about this server from all our other web servers is
the fact that all the domains use SSL through our certificate.