Re: [NTISP] FrontPage error

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 16:36:37 -0500

From: Paul Everingham <paul@thenew.net>
> that "log on to network" thing slows down the handshake and them login into
> the server itself. by a couple minutes. i had a customer that had it
> clicked and she took 5 mins to log in

It should only take a few more seconds--not minutes. The "log onto network" portion of the
connection doesn't take place until after the physical modem connection has successfully been
established and after the basic authentication has been successful. Then it tries logging onto the
network. If it's taking several minutes, the user might have "log onto NT domain" or whatever it's
called set in the Network Control Panel applet--that shouldn't be done for dial-ups.

Josh