Re: [RadiusNT] RadiusNT & Windows 2000

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 08 May 2000 10:50:33 -0700

Nezar Ahmed wrote:

> This is what I get when trying to authenticate
>
> ODBC: SQLDriverConnect Error (DSN=Radius; UID=id; PWD=pass; APP=RadiusNT)
> ..1 (-1).ODBC: SQLDriverConnect Error (DSN=Radius; UID=id; PWD=pass;
> APP=RadiusNT)
> ..2 (-1).ODBC: SQLDriverConnect Error (DSN=Radius; UID=id; PWD=pass;
> APP=RadiusNT)
> ..3 (-1).ODBC: SQLDriverConnect Error (DSN=Radius; UID=id; PWD=pass;
> APP=RadiusNT)

Are you trying to use a trusted connection? Verify that the user the
service is starting as has credentials to connect to the SQL Server
and that the DSN is a system DSN.

For example, if the SQL Server is not local, and you are configured to
use Named Pipes, and the service starts as the local system account,
RadiusNT will not work as a service, since the local system account
has no credentials to the remote SQL Server to create a named pipe
to talk to the SQL Server. (using TCP/IP instead of Named pipes will
fix this).

--

Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT/X__________________________________________IEA Software, Inc. www.iea-software.com