Re: [RadiusNT] RadiusNT ODBC error

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 07 Apr 2000 09:38:18 -0700

Steven Plautz wrote:

> What exactly does checking "Unknown" do? The RadCheckDomain stored
> procedure always returns the 'DEFAULT' server if present and I don't see how
> RadiuNT could know which is the default since the domain field isn't one of
> the fields returned.

It always returns the DEFAULT, but if you read the notes carefully,
the priority of the DEFAULT *MUST* be higher than any other one
(so that DEFAULT is always the last one). Therefore, if you receive
a request from user@blah.com, and blah.com is not configured, it will
still find the DEFAULT and away it goes to that server. This part works
with or without the unknown checked, as its based on the presence of
a domain part (ie, @domain.com).

Checking unknown allows RadiusNT to forward requests of unknown users
to the DEFAULT entry. The difference between this and above is that
this is for users who do NOT have a domain (ie, user johnd tries to
authentication, without a domain, and was not found locally). In this
case it looks specifically for the DEFAULT domain, and forwards the
request on.