Re: [RadiusNT] radius bug?

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 05 Apr 2000 10:10:20 -0700

Josh Hillman wrote:

> I added another column to our Calls table called "NASID" to correspond with
> an entry in the RadAttributes table: RadAttributeID=32, Name='NAS-ID',
> Type=0, RadVendorID=0, RadVendorType=0. This is actually supposed to be
> "NAS-Identifier", but it can't be named that because Emerald and RadiusNT
> need that name associated with attribute 4, which is supposed to be
> "NAS-IP-Address".

A dictionary just interprets the numbers to names. There is no
requirement
that a RADIUS server even have a dictionary, or name the attributes to
what
the RFC has.

> Anyway, the problem is that RadiusNT can see the new column and displays
> info for it when running radius -x15, however it does not make an attempt to
> insert that data into the Calls table, eventhough everything matches and
> RadiusNT has been restarted. The column name doesn't even appear in the SQL
> statement. I've tried varying names for this both in RadAttributes and
> Calls, but it doesn't seem to make a difference--it just never tries to
> insert the data into the Calls table for that one field. Other Calls
> column-additions have never done this before.
>
> The NASID column in Calls is varchar(17), nullable
>
> Does RadiusNT have some kind of problem dealing with attribute 32 when it
> comes to the SQL statement?

RadiusNT has internal code to ignore 32 is 4 is received (regardless of
the name) so that you can name both 32 and 4 NAS-Identifier. Are you
just trying to store both fields, or is there a specific goal here?