RE: [RadiusNT] Radius Redundancy Solution

Troy Settle ( (no email) )
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 07:13:14 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_001F_01BF75F1.CAE77DC0

Radius Redundancy SolutionSean,

We're implementing the same thing. So far, I've successfully tested
transactional replication (everything but the calls table), and it's working
well. (we have well over 1000 ports here).

As for accounting, here's what I got from IEA:
> In order to get RadiusNT to do what you want, you'd have to define the
> accounting datasource separately in the admin and point it just at the
> primary DB. That way Radius will queue them up instead of trying to send
> the accounting to secondary read only replicas.

Currently, we're trying to figure out how to do a local calls table, and
push that back to the primary DB once a day. The issue that comes up, is if
we delete 100k records from the secondary, will that also cause the
replication mechinism to delete those records from the primary on the next
replication process?

-Troy