Re: [RadiusNT] RadiusX and MSSQL

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 02 Feb 2000 11:06:36 -0800

niblettda@gru.com wrote:

> I am thinking about Beta testing RadiusX, but I am wondering
> how/if I use RadiusX running on Redhat Linux, I can talk to
> my Microsoft SQL 6.5 DB. The reason that I ask is that I am
> trying to port several things from a WinNT machine to Linux
> and they need to converse with my MSSQL DB. I can do this in
> Perl, but I wanted to see if it was being accomplished with
> ODBC or some other way that would be more generic.

RadiusX includes licensed connector software for only RadiusX
to talk to MS SQL Server, sybase, Oracle, etc. Unfortunately,
the connector software can not be used by any other software
than RadiusX.

Check out either www.merant.com or www.openlinksw.com for
vendors that sell ODBC connector software for linux.