RE: [RadiusNT] RadiusNt question

Denny Figuerres ( (no email) )
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 23:20:26 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01BF678A.C2E81280

if you mean what I think you mean then this is mostly a matter of what
hadware you are using for
the "Terminal Server".
basicaly you'd need to create a filter profile that is used to "route" that
users network connection to a limited range of IP's
you might also need to filter what ports they get.

I know at one place I worked a while back we had an Ascend Max 4000 that was
used for signups... it would only allow SSL / HTTPS on one IP and not other
traffic ( no Email, News, etc...) and had a max session of about 20 Minutes.
in that case though we did not use Radius, we just made it a firmware
profile on that box.

but if you told radius NT what to send to the box you could do the same
thing.

study the Filters you can set on your hardware and what kind of Route
commands it will take
then make a rad config that doe that and assignit to a loggin.

-----Original Message-----
From: radiusnt-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:radiusnt-request@iea-software.com]On Behalf Of Michel SAKR
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2000 10:38 PM
To: radiusnt@iea-software.com
Subject: [RadiusNT] RadiusNt question

Hello all
We are an ISP and I want to make a guest account where users can browse
only locally,
Can I limit a dialup user to browse only designated local sites ? Using
RadiusNT 3.0

Michel SAKR
GlobalNet® System Administrator
silvers@global.net.lb
www.global.net.lb

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01BF678A.C2E81280

if you=20mean what I think you mean then this is mostly a matter of what hadware =you are=20using for
the=20"Terminal Server".
basicaly you'd need to create a filter =profile that is=20used to "route" that users network connection to a limited range of=20IP's
you=20might also need to filter what ports they get.

I know=20at one place I worked a while back we had an Ascend Max 4000 that was =used for=20signups... it would only allow SSL / HTTPS on one IP and not other=20
traffic ( no Email, News, etc...) and had a =max session=20of about 20 Minutes.
in=20that case though we did not use Radius, we just made it a firmware =profile on=20that box.

but if=20you told radius NT what to send to the box you could do the same=20thing.

study=20the Filters you can set on your hardware and what kind of Route commands =it will=20take
then=20make a rad config that doe that and assignit to a =loggin.