Re: [RadiusNT] UNIX Password file not working

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 17:28:46 -0800

Barry Kiesz wrote:

> I am attempting to get the UNIX password decrypter to work in RadiusNT and
> Emerald. I have placed both sets of password files in the radius directory
> (c:\program files\emerald\ is where the radius EXE is located). These would
> be 'passwd' 'shadow' AND 'opasswd' 'oshadow'.
>
> I have the "password replace" checked in the Radius Admin and I have
> restarted the RadiusNT service. Below is what I received from Radius while
> running from a DOS window (Radius service Stopped of course!<G>) What am I
> missing?

The only file that radiusnt looks at is passwd in the data directory.
You probably need to copy your shadow file to passwd in that directory.
The rest of the files should not be needed.

Dale