Re: [RadiusNT] What's the correct Rad AT config for an ISDN account

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 17:51:59 -0500

From: Mike Kovacich <sysadmin@inter-pc.com>
> Thank you Josh, what value for the attribute ?
>
> AccountType Name
> Data Value RadCheck
> --------------- -------------------------------- ----------- -----------
> ----------- ----------- ----------- -----------
> PPP NAS-Port-Type
> Async ? 1

For non-ISDN customers:
Name = NAS-Port-Type
Data = Async
Value = 0
RadCheck = 1

ISDN customers shouldn't have NAS-Port-Type as an attribute unless you want
to prevent them from using modems to dial in. If that were the case, I
think the only thing you do different is change the Value to "Sync" or
something.

Josh

> > From: Mike Kovacich <sysadmin@inter-pc.com>
> > > I also would like to know what tweaking is needed if any for 2,3 or 4
ISDN
> > > bonding. I do understand it is NAS dependent. I have a Gandalf and
> > MAX3048.
> >
> > We're using a mix of Max 4048s, a 4004, and a 4002 and are using the
> > following settings as defaults:
> >
> > AccountType Name Data
> > --------------- -------------------------------- -----------
> > ISDN DialUp 128 Ascend-Idle-Limit 1200
> > ISDN DialUp 128 Ascend-Maximum-Time 28800
> > ISDN DialUp 128 Framed-Protocol PPP
> > ISDN DialUp 128 User-Service Framed-User
> >
> > The above config is exactly the same as our regular analog PPP accounts
> > except the analog PPP accounts have one extra attribute:
> > PPP NAS-Port-Type Async
> > (RadCheck = 1 for this attribute)
> >
> > The Ascend-Idle-Limit and Ascend-Maximum-Time are obviously optional.
> >
> > We control the number of concurrent sessions (channels when referring to
MP