Re: [RadiusNT] ISDN & Dialup

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 15:24:57 -0500

From: Christian Lawrence <claw@ddyne.com>
> We have ISDN customers and PPP customers dialing into the same server.
> They each receive a random IP address from our pool. The problem is
> that we charge more for 1-channel isdn then for our PPP accounts and I
> was wondering if there is anyway that radius can differentiate between
> the two so that if someone lied and said that they were using a standard
> 56k connection but were actually using 1 channel ISDN we would not
> authenticate them.

We're using Ascend Maxes with RadiusNT 2.5 and are doing just this.
We had to add one extra default radius entry for non-ISDN dial-up
accounttypes:
NAS-Port-Type = Async ("Check" also needs to be checked for this
attribute before saving it).

This allows ISDN users to log in with ISDN or modems, but modem users (those
who aren't paying for ISDN service) can only dialup using modems.

Josh