Re: [RadiusNT] RadiusNT 3.x and caching

Peter Deacon ( peterd@iea-software.com )
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 09:49:59 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

On Wed, 19 Jan 2000, Ronnie Franklin wrote:

> I have been testing RadiusNT 3.0 and have had no problems... but I was
> only authenticating a few users for testing.....

> I installed the latest version of 3.0 on my production servers last
> night and today I have several users that show up as "user not found"
> yet they are in the database and are active accounts.

> First, I have looked through the archives and not been able to find
> the solution.....

> I have checked the "Check on Failure" to help, but it does not seem to
> solve the problem.

> I noticed a post about a bad query but the person who posted it said
> "Don't use this if you are running Emerald"... and I am so ...

This one only applied to RadiusNT databases. Try running radius -x15 and
send the debug output. Whenever a users not found in the cache Radius
asks for it Emerald by calling {CALL RADGetCacheUsers('username',NULL)}

If you run this query in enterprise manager/isql does it return any data?

One should run the emer25_up.sql upgrade script on their Emerald database
-- not rad25_up.sql.

ciao,
Peter