RE: [RadiusNT] RadiusNT 3.x and caching

Greg White ( GWhite@bctelco.com )
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 08:39:17 -0800

Ronnie,

We had a similar problem. In our scenario, we aren't using Emerald. We are
just using Radius with our own accounting system. The problem that we had
was that any users we signed up after the last time Radius was started
couldn't log in. This was true also for accounts that were changed. The
problem for us was that we were not populating the LastModifyDate column in
the SubAccounts table. Radius checks this date to see if it should update
its cached information for a particular user.

We didn't encounter any queries or stored procedures that would keep
anything from working (to the best of my memory). We just had to make a
change to our accounting system so that it would populate the LastModifyDate
column. Now everything works great. I don't know what the defaults are for
the cache settings, and I didn't see any suggested values, so I just shot
from the hip and used the following:

Init Load: 7 (days)
Modify: 300 (seconds)
Delete: 5 (days)
Force: 1 (days)
Deleted: 60 (min)

Seems to be operating fine with about 750 users.

Thank you,

Greg White
ISP Network Administrator
Beaver Creek Cooperative Telephone Company