RE: [RadiusNT] callerid

Denny Figuerres ( (no email) )
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 00:51:43 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_0002_01BF5BCE.073A11E0

well first I will asume that the value you show represents a "valid" phone
number format in your country... at first glance I did not read your email's
"from" which I see you are from the .au not in the USA.

if this is true then are you getting the right info from the phone company?

depending on how you are hooked up this might *NOT* be a "CallerID" at
all....
for example in the USA some ISP's get treated like any business and only get
the ID if not blocked.

Others get treated like a phone co. and get *ALL* the call info.

if you are getting traffic via a "hunt-group" and the telco does not know /
care that you want caller ID they may not have the phone switch configured
to send you
the right data.

do you see any pattern like the number matches a user name?

or is it just random like?

do you have more than one hunt-group?

talk to the telco and see what they say?

ask them to lookup that number and tell you where it comes from.
( the ISP I used to work for had connections with the phone co. and I could
get all kinds of data; don't know if yours will help you though)