RE: [RadiusNT] .209 broke something

Graeme Slogrove ( )
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 09:26:04 +0200

The problem, as David says, is definitely in the Serverports table.

Those two columns are missing, which does cause the errors. However, it is
not easy to update our database all the time, as we have merge replication
running between two locations. It takes about 7 hours to resync the data
after dropping the replication and making changes to the database.

Which brings up another point : is it possible for you to include a
changes.txt in each revision, or even post it to a special list, so we can
evaluate what changes we need to make (if any) before we try and use the new
version ?


---Graeme Slogrove, BSc (Eng) Elec (Wits)Director, Systems Development & Value Added ServicesNetActive InternetTel: 011-719-0333    Fax: 011-719-0444Support: 011-719-0300

-----Original Message-----From: Dale E. Reed Jr. []Sent: 04 January 2000 07:40To: radiusnt@iea-software.comSubject: Re: [RadiusNT] .209 broke something

Graeme Slogrove wrote:> > Checked the database on this side and it was already set up exactly as you> recommended, but still no joy with calls online.

Send me a copy of the DB and I'll take a look at it.

> Regards,> Graeme> > ---> Graeme Slogrove, BSc (Eng) Elec (Wits)> Director, Systems Development & Value Added Services> NetActive Internet> Tel: 011-719-0333 Fax: 011-719-0444> Support: 011-719-0300> > -----Original Message-----> From: Dale E. Reed Jr. []> Sent: 30 December 1999 01:21> To:> Subject: Re: [RadiusNT] .209 broke something> > Graeme Slogrove wrote:> >> > We had the same problem with .209 - no calls online appear anymore.> >> > Haven't looked at the debug, but I'm switching back to .206 right away.> > Its not a problem with 209, but rather a DB issue. 209 addresses> a VSA problem with RadValues. You MUST modify your RadValues table> as follows:> > 1) Remove the Primary Key on your RadValues table, and insert two> New Columns after the RadAttributeID:> > RadVendorID Number Default: 0> RadVendorType Number Default: 0> > 2) Save the table (without a Primary Key).> > 3) Run this query:> > Update RadValues Set RadVendorID=0, RadVendorType=0> > 4) Add a primary key with the following fields (you click the first,> and hold down the control key while clicking the rest).> > RadAttributeID> RadVendorID> RadVendorType> Value> > > On bootup, we get:> >> > SQL Statement: Select Server, IPAddress, Secret From RadRoamServersWhere> > RadRoamServerID > 0> >> > ODBC Error:07001:-3010:> > [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] Too few parameters.Expected> 1.> > This is how MS Access says "I didn't know one of those columns". Double> Check> your RadRoamServers table and make sure it has atleast those three> columns.> > > And our calls table stopped updating. We get the following error:> >> > SQL Statement: UPDATE Servers AS s, ServerPorts AS sp Set> > sp.Username='propp',sp.AcctStatusType=1, sp.CallDate=Now,> > sp.FramedAddress='', CallerID='5176879328',> > AcctSessionID='30000CAD' WHERE sp.ServerID = s.ServerID AND> > s.IPAddress='' and sp.Port=5 AND (DateAdd('s', 0-1, Now)>=> > sp.CallDate OR sp.CallDate IS NULL)> >> > ODBC Error:07001:-3010:> > [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] Too few parameters.Expected> > 2.> > Again, this is probably missing columns in your ServerPorts table.> 209 adds support for AcctSessionID and CallerID in the ServerPorts> table. If you don't have those columns, you will need to add them.> You can get the size/types from the calls table.> > --> > Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT> __________________________________________> IEA Software, Inc.> > For more information about this list (including removal) go to:>> > For more information about this list (including removal) go to:>


Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT__________________________________________IEA Software, Inc.

For more information about this list (including removal) go to:

For more information about this list (including removal) go to: