Re: [RadiusNT] .209 broke something

David Sovereen ( (no email) )
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 10:14:54 -0500

I know the first time I read the message through and checked my tables, I
*THOUGHT* everything was set up right.

And as I was writing my nastigram back to Dale saying "I told you it was
broke", I finally caught on in this paragraph:

> Again, this is probably missing columns in your ServerPorts table.
> 209 adds support for AcctSessionID and CallerID in the ServerPorts
> table. If you don't have those columns, you will need to add them.
> You can get the size/types from the calls table.

There REALLY ARE two completely new columns that need to be added to the
ServerPorts table. I read the message a couple times and totally missed
that part. In our calls table, we already collect callerID info and I
thought he was making some reference to that. But this is a new feature:
callerID and sessionID in the ServerPorts table (which helps create the
CallsOnline table). I didn't read Dale's reply thoroughly enough to
initialy catch on to what he was talking about.

Dave

I N T E R N E T F O R B U S I N E S S
Mercury Network http://www.tm.net/
129 Ashman St / P O Box 117 Voice: 517-837-3790
Midland, MI 48640-0117 Fax: 517-837-3780
From: Graeme Slogrove <Graeme@na.co.za>
To: radiusnt@iea-software.com <radiusnt@iea-software.com>
Date: Tuesday, January 04, 2000 6:56 AM
Subject: RE: [RadiusNT] .209 broke something

Checked the database on this side and it was already set up exactly as you
recommended, but still no joy with calls online.

Regards,
Graeme

---Graeme Slogrove, BSc (Eng) Elec (Wits)Director, Systems Development & Value Added ServicesNetActive InternetTel: 011-719-0333    Fax: 011-719-0444Support: 011-719-0300

-----Original Message-----From: Dale E. Reed Jr. [mailto:daler@iea-software.com]Sent: 30 December 1999 01:21To: radiusnt@iea-software.comSubject: Re: [RadiusNT] .209 broke something

Graeme Slogrove wrote:>> We had the same problem with .209 - no calls online appear anymore.>> Haven't looked at the debug, but I'm switching back to .206 right away.

Its not a problem with 209, but rather a DB issue. 209 addressesa VSA problem with RadValues. You MUST modify your RadValues tableas follows:

1) Remove the Primary Key on your RadValues table, and insert two New Columns after the RadAttributeID:

RadVendorID Number Default: 0RadVendorType Number Default: 0

2) Save the table (without a Primary Key).

3) Run this query:

Update RadValues Set RadVendorID=0, RadVendorType=0

4) Add a primary key with the following fields (you click the first, and hold down the control key while clicking the rest).

RadAttributeIDRadVendorIDRadVendorTypeValue

> On bootup, we get:>> SQL Statement: Select Server, IPAddress, Secret From RadRoamServers Where> RadRoamServerID > 0>> ODBC Error:07001:-3010:> [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] Too few parameters. Expected1.

This is how MS Access says "I didn't know one of those columns". DoubleCheckyour RadRoamServers table and make sure it has atleast those threecolumns.