Re: [RadiusNT] Trimnames not working

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 17:10:30 -0500

From: Dale E. Reed Jr. <daler@iea-software.com>
> Which part of trimnames? What is your registry value and what isn't
> working?

I didn't write the above message, but I've been running into the same
problem...

In my registry, TrimName = 1
We're seeing a lot of authentication errors ("user not found") when the user
has something in their "domain" field: somedomain\username

Although this boils down to a misconfiguration on the customer's end, it
hasn't been a problem until we changed from 2.5.175 to 2.5.205 (and also
..206) because we had "Trim name" checked in the RadiusNT Admin. We've just
been contacting these customers telling them to clear out the Domain field
and it's been fixing it of course.

Josh