Re: [Emerald] Not showing up online.... Help

Brian ( )
Fri, 26 May 2000 21:03:38 -0400

Duane Schaub wrote:

> That's strange, I have the opposite problem - I can get all of my units
> except Ascend 4048 and Cisco 5300's to show up.
> Duane.

Think I found an answer possibly.
I had to do some work on my 3com TC Hub and when it was brought back up and
after re-porting (not reporting) it, it was no longer accepting most of the
accounting packets. Users were not showing up in On-line or in the Calls for
Time Online. This is obviously critical for time billing so I dug a little

Running RadiusNT in debug mode showed me that I was getting a great number of
refusal for duplicate packets in "pk_calls". Looking at the calls Table revealed
that it was indeed trhowing a great number of Account Session IDs into it.

I then learned how to use the Trim Feature in the Database Maintenance section
of Admin.
I trimmed at 1 month and poof, everyone is back.

Could we get a description of what causes this so I can avoid it in the future?
Is it the re-porting or what?

--------------------------------------------------------Thank You,Brian DooleyClassic Service

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` - Man cannot survive except by gaining knowledge, and reason is his only means to gain it.-

Ayn Rand