Re: [Emerald] SQL 7.0 keeps eating memory

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 22 May 2000 16:46:39 -0400

NCKCN wrote:
> The SQL 7.0 server I use for Emerald 2.5 and RadiusNT 3.0 just keeps eating
> memory. I have a Dual Pentium III 500MHz with 256MB RAM, SQL 7.0 with SP2,
> NT 4 with SP 6a. I can start running RadiusNT with around 180MB of free,
> this will slowly creep to nothing after a few days. I then have to restart
> RadiusNT. It's been running over the weekend and now is down to 14MB free on
> the server. Is this normal? Is there a memory leak that needs to be fixed?

SQL Server 7.0 defaults to using all the memory it can get, although it
will free memory from the cache after a while. You can set the upper
limit on it if you want. Use Task Manager to add the Virtual Memory
column and see whether SQL Server or RadiusNT is using memory.

Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT/X__________________________________________IEA Software, Inc.