Re: [Emerald] RadiusNT - problem with TimeBanking - very big value for Session Timeout

Danny Sinang ( (no email) )
Wed, 17 May 2000 01:52:34 +0800

Hi Dale,

I've upgraded my RadiusNT 2.5 from build .209 to build .213 and I restarted
my RadiusNT service. I then observed my logfile and here are my observations
:

1. If there is a Session-Timeout service default, it is followed, regardless
of TimeLeft value.

2. If there is no Session-Timeout service default and TimeLeft is NULL, no
Session-Timeout is sent to NAS (unlike the very large Session-Timeout that
..209 sends the NAS).

3. If there is no Session-Timeout service default and TimeLeft > 0, then a
Session-Timeout = TimeLeft is sent to NAS.

Do you think item #1 is the way RadiusNT should really work ? If not, when
will this be corrected ?

- Danny