RE: [Emerald] IP Tracking

Peter Deacon ( peterd@iea-software.com )
Fri, 12 May 2000 19:52:15 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

On Fri, 12 May 2000, Info wrote:

> That is exactly what we have been saying. But what if a father calls and
> wants to know if his son is surfing to particular sites?

Here's my list of solutions (ordered best first)

ctrl-h ::)
Tell dad not to be a lazy bum and watch what their kids are doing.
Point dad at a url where he can download software to do this himself.

Point them at a transparent proxy server, require them to authenticate
(squid has a radius auth module) and grep the logs for what this users
been up to.

Have Fun!
Peter