RE: [Emerald] Emerald questions

Scottie Arnett ( (no email) )
Wed, 10 May 2000 16:32:39 -0500

Dale,

I have also been talking with Eric, he told me everything to check in the
OBDC settings on the SQL server and they are correct. Now where do I look?
Any ideas?

Thank You,
Scottie

-----Original Message-----
From: emerald-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:emerald-request@iea-software.com]On Behalf Of Dale E. Reed Jr.
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2000 2:20 PM
To: emerald@iea-software.com
Subject: Re: [Emerald] Emerald questions

Scottie Arnett wrote:

> On question 1:
> On can login with the usersname and do everything in Emerald and it
> connects, stores, etc... in the Emerald database. But....I can't print any
> reports or invoices. Is this still where the problem lies?

Emerald does NOT use OBBC (it talks directly to SQL Server). However,
the print engine DOES use ODBC. Therefore, its very common for an
ODBC configuration issue to prevent printing, with Emerald working just
fine. The Error you are getting means that the print enginer couldn't
find/connect to the SQL Server defined in the ODBC DSN.

--

Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT/X__________________________________________IEA Software, Inc. www.iea-software.com