RE: [Emerald] Post.Office integration

Bob's Lists ( (no email) )
Sat, 29 Apr 2000 10:47:12 +0300

If you find a way to do this, let me know. Emerald's 'integration' with =
Post.Office sucks big time. It will create the accounts for you, but =
will neither suspend them upon account expiry, nor delete them upon =
account deletion.

I had some dialog with Dale about this over a year ago. IEA seem to want =
to use the postmaster 'forms' method of creating the accounts in =
Post.Office rather than the (much easier imho) utilities that come with =
post office. I am not a programmer, but I know enough to know it would =
be trivial to shell out to a command line and use Software.com's command =
line utilities to create, suspend or delete accounts - however IEA don't =
seem to be interested in further integrating Emerald with Post.Office, =
for whatever reason...

Regards

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: emerald-request@iea-software.com =
[mailto:emerald-request@iea-software.com]On Behalf Of Brad Facer
Sent: Friday, April 28, 2000 11:22 PM
To: emerald@iea-software.com
Subject: [Emerald] Post.Office integration

We have Post.Office running as it should with Emerald/Radius, but as =
we've been cleaning out some old accounts, were wondering if anyone has =
had any attempts or thoughts about further integration between the =
programs, such as:

When a password is updated in Emerald, can it update P.O's password?
When an account is removed/inactived can it remove the P.O account or =
lock it?

Without constant monitoring, it would be possible for someone to default =
on their monthly payment and be cut off from dialing up through us, but =
it wouldnt prevent them from getting into their POP mailbox or using our =
mailserver to send anything they want(within the relay limitations)