RE: [Emerald] Web/ASP Interface

Nathan Haywood ( nhaywood@whro.org )
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 15:45:00 -0400

Doesn't anyone else realize that a DB front-end is exactly what Emerald is?
Other than that, it's just a data structure with a few stored procedures...
RadiusNT is a distinct product that handles the authentication against the
database (or other source).

I use Emerald all the time, but if you're going to replace the "standard
Emerald client" then are you even still running Emerald?

-----Original Message-----
From: Brad Pritikin [mailto:BPList@isat.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2000 1:50 PM
To: emerald@iea-software.com
Subject: Re: [Emerald] Web/ASP Interface

Interesting. I have had a few working ASP/SQL based scripts for some time
that work with Emerald. My incidents are managed through a web interface,
but I don't have a FULL web interface. However I have a lot of experience
working with Emerald via ASP/SQL. I also use ASP/SQL to generate reports for
our billing dept. and it works pretty well. I would be very interested in
seeing anything that his been written as a replacement interface for the
standard Emerald client. I am willing to contribute. ;-)

Brad Pritikin - BradP@isat.com
Technical Support Supervisor
ISAT Network, A SkyLynx Company