RE: [Emerald] Emerald & RadiusNT 2.5 & Ascend MAX 6000 not assign

john ( john@voiceworks.com )
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 15:13:25 -0800

Additional info:

I am unable to assign a particular address to a sub account, as the
sub-account allows multiple concurrent logins. The individual accounts can
be restricted to a single login, but can access RAS servers on multiple
coasts, so can't assign an IP to each individual account.

I have a work around, that allows me to use IP pools off the RAS, but it
does not provide for easy management as we expand.

Thanks

John

-----Original Message-----
From: john [mailto:john@voiceworks.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2000 4:14 PM
To: emerald@iea-software.com
Subject: [Emerald] Emerald & RadiusNT 2.5 & Ascend MAX 6000 not
assigning IP Address es

Good Afternoon,

I have 3 profiles in the RAS server, each one obtaining a DHCP address from
a particular pool. When I tell the RAS to use Radius for authentication, I
do not receive an IP address from Radius, I obtain it from the RAS server.

It is our intention for people to use a default set of credentials to permit
users to a single site, and assign them different credentials for the rest
of our service.

My question is:

How can I force the IP address allocation to occur via the Radius, and still
have my "back-off" dhcp pools functional for RAS server authenticated
requests.

Thanks for any help.

John Duffy