RE: [Emerald] Emerald and ADSL-Connections/suspensions/tracking

Rudy Komsic ( (no email) )
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 04:22:54 -0500

Hehe I have asked about the Web Hosting Billing Interface for Emerald =
for quite some time now but never heard a peep about it being =
implemented. Maybe it might be coming out soon? I hope.

-----Original Message-----
From: emerald-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:emerald-request@iea-software.com]On Behalf Of Dale E. Reed Jr.
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2000 12:41 AM
To: emerald@iea-software.com
Subject: Re: [Emerald] Emerald and ADSL-Connections/suspensions/tracking

Randy Martin wrote:
>=20
> Well, it certainly need to! You guys at IEA need to put your thinking =
caps
> on. Every ISP is eventually going to need to support xDSL.

The DSL technology is still very young in standardization. There are=20
however some products that allow for RADIUS authentication from DSL
customers (include PPPoe). Those technologies work fine with Emerald.

If you have specific devices or technologies that you would like=20
Emerald to support in a future version, you should send an RFE to
support. The more people that ask for features, the better chance
that it will make it into a future version.

--=20

Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT
IEA Software, Inc. www.iea-software.com