RE: [Emerald] I CAN NOT BILL

Ken Sorenson ( (no email) )
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 15:52:34 -0600

I only mentioned it cause I have never seen it before (2yrs). I have not
changed anything but the emerald client version. I have not had this trouble
with the admin client before. My locks were set to 5000, and I upped them to
8000.. Still the same trouble. Is there a recommended number for Emerald?

Thanks!

KS

-----Original Message-----
From: emerald-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:emerald-request@iea-software.com]On Behalf Of Peter Deacon
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2000 3:44 PM
To: Emerald Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Emerald] I CAN NOT BILL

On Tue, 15 Feb 2000, Kenneth Gustav Eitenmiller Jr wrote:

> I got the following message while trying to run updatecall.sql from
> Query since it just locks up under emerald admin.

> What does this mean and how do I fix it?
> Msg 1204, Level 19, State 3
> SQL Server has run out of LOCKS. Re-run your command when there are fewer
active users, or ask your System Administrator to reconfigure SQL Server
with more LOCKS.
> Msg 3701, Level 11, State 1
> Cannot drop the table '#temp_accountlist', because it doesn't exist in the
system catalogs.
> Msg 3701, Level 11, State 1
> Cannot drop the table '#temp_serverlist', because it doesn't exist in the
system catalogs.

You can up the number of database locks through sql 6.5's enterprise
manager. It's under Server\SQL Server\Configuration.

The database locks parts of itself to keep other processes from updating
the same thing or reading uncommited information. These ought to be run
at night when no other scheduled tasks are going.

Have Fun!
Peter