Re: [Emerald] IP ABUSE

Administrator ( (no email) )
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 10:55:10 -0500

We suspend their account right away.

We also put in a detailed incident, and when the
customer calls for support we explain it to them.

So in our case a form letter wont work because we
turn them off right now. Of course we reserve that right in our AUP and
terms and conditions.

----- Original Message -----
From: "PowerNet" <psc5@powersupply.net>
To: <emerald@iea-software.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2000 9:38 AM
Subject: [Emerald] IP ABUSE

Recently we had a complaint from a user on another system email us with
date, time and IP address of a user on our system trying to hack their
machine.

I have the means of tracking the user on our end.

My questions are;

Does anyone have a form letter that they send to the user regarding this
type of abuse?
Would you be willing to share it?

Thanks,
John