I got VOPMail installed here and connected to Emerald. Everything
seems to be working fine. Here is a list of things I did:
1) In the Emerald Admin, make sure you create an External System.
Just use the EmerAuth type (or NTMail Auth DLL on the Older Admins).
When you save the ES, note the ESID (number in parenthesis) after it.
2) Make sure the services to which will be associated to VOPMail have
the external system you created in #1 selected for them. This is a
key point, as Emerald only allows users that are configured for that
External System to be seen by the External System.
3) Make sure you have a domain defined in the domains list for the
domain you want. You should also have a group that is pointing to
4) Create a user, and make sure they are in the group you created,
with a service type that is associated to VOPMail's External system.
1) Create a domain, matching the internet domain portion of the
domain you created in Emerald above.
2) For the database plugin, make sure you have "Emerald Database".
3) Click the configure button and make sure the Use NULL ESID (who
came up with that option, as an ES always must have an ESID) is
unchecked and enter the ESID you created above.
4) Make sure Auto-create mailboxes is checked for the domains you
For more information about this list (including removal) go to: