Re: [Emerald] Emerald Client

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 14:56:40 -0500

From: PowerNet <psc5@powersupply.net>
>I recently installed Emerald Client on a new machine.
>
>This is for tech support and I do not want them able to access reports.
>I have default reports set up in Emeradmin and my billing person I think is
using local reports on her system, but the new clients are using the shared
reports dir on the SQL server.

>During the install of emerald, I unchecked reports thinking that that will
prevent this problem, but apparently not.

>How do I fix this?
>I do not want them to see anything but account info, radlog and online
users.

Go into the Emerald Admin and UNcheck the "Use only global reports" in the
Client/Reports section (this option doesn't work correctly when
batch-printing). You should have a UNC path for the reports listed though.
Go into the Emerald directories on the client machines and remove *.rpt.
This will prevent those clients from overriding what you have in the UNC
path specified above.
Although there may be a way of restricting report-printing/viewing directly
within Emerald (??), you can also just modify the NTFS permissions for that
UNC path and restrict that one user (or group) from having read access.

Josh