RE: [Emerald] Odd reporting

Ken Sorenson ( (no email) )
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 13:10:10 -0600

I checked the dates.. I use Tardis for time synching between all network
pc's.. So all machines should be within ~50ms of each other.

Let us know if you find anything.

Thanks!

Ken

-----Original Message-----
From: emerald-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:emerald-request@iea-software.com]On Behalf Of Dale E. Reed Jr.
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2000 12:18 PM
To: emerald@iea-software.com
Subject: Re: [Emerald] Odd reporting

Ken Sorenson wrote:

> OOps! I meant to write expiration of 10/10.. not 11/10

calls.

Emerald uses the following Query:

DateAdd(Day, 1+ma.Extension+ma.OverDue, maExpireDate)

to determine the expiration status on the account search screen.
However, it
does NOT take into consideration an expiration on the service itself
(which
could cause differing results between Emerald/RadiusNT).

RadiusNT uses something very similiar:

DateDiff(Minute, GetDate(), DateAdd(Day, (ma.Extension+ma.OverDue+1),
maExpireDate))

Which just tells how many minutes the account is still good for. The
main
difference is the clock on the SQL Server is used by RadiusNT, whereas
the clock on your local computer is used by Emerald. You might want to
check the dates of the two computers. I'll run some tests and see what
can come up with as well.