Re: [Emerald] Call Consolidation

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 03 Dec 1999 12:32:18 -0800

Emerald wrote:

> > I'm guessing if you are seeing continual table scans, that you have some
> > out of date indexes/stats or you are missing some indexes. Check
> > instindx.sql
> > and see if you have the seven indexes on your calls table that it lists.
> > One missing index can change a query from 2 seconds to 2 hours, on a
> > large
> > table like the calls table.
>
> THANK YOU DALE!! (why don't you take a few tech support questions now and
> then, you could cut the load those guys have in half with these quick
> answers <g>) Please tell Mike he doesn't need to return my support call
> (Netlink).

Ok. I'll tell him.

> That was it, there were only 3 indexes and after creating the other 4 I'm
> guessing but it looks like it will finish in about 10 minutes like everyone
> else.
>
> BTW, I tried to run the full instindx.sql script just now and even though it
> completed (with errors about already existing indexes) it did not create the
> other 4 indexes but when I ran each line separately for the 4 indexes it did
> indeed create them. Any idea why that would happen?

Because all the indexes for the Calls table are in a batch (notice
only one go after them all). If any fail, they all fail. Put a
GO between each one, then you could run it.

> I suppose I should go thru the whole script now and verify that every table
> has the indexes in this script.

It might be helpful. Most of the Emerald table are not large enough
to see such a dramatic speed different, although you might notice a
speed increase on billing, if you have all the right indexes.