Re: [Emerald] Authenticating to multiple terminal servers

H. A. Brooks ( (no email) )
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 06:55:02 -0500

Halleluiah!

In the process of installing a new 8 port modem card and a new
Computone REX card I rebooted the Computone this morning (yet
reboot was done before) and accounting detail suddenly began
appearing in debug mode. I didn't believe it but sure enough the
"On-line" icon comes up with data. May miracles never cease, but
why the 4 week struggle (that's rhetorical)?

Howard A. Brooks, CC & BW - IamNet, Inc. - http://iamnow.net
"Your One Stop Internet Support and Solution Shop" -
howard@iamnow.net

> Is it possible the CT has given up? I tried setting the
> accounting server to a RADIUS server here and it didn't send
anything.
> Then I got on CT's website and found:
>
> > Here is the exact procedure used for sending Accounting
notices:

> > * If both Primary and Secondary Accounting Host's are
defined, but we only get an
> > acknowledgment from one of them, we will stop trying after
510 seconds, but we will also
> > send a syslog message of priority LOG_WARNING.
> >
> > * If we don't receive any acknowledgment from any Accounting
Host after 2000 seconds,