RE: [Emerald] Total Control and Emerald 2.5

Info ( (no email) )
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 15:09:40 -0800

I understand that. I am only upset that it took this long for a proper
response. I have had my database open for a long time and have just
recently filtered it. I just wish it was done 6 months ago. I will let you
know when I can do it. I have to leave to meet a client right now.

-----Original Message-----
From: emerald-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:emerald-request@iea-software.com]On Behalf Of Dale E. Reed Jr.
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 1999 3:00 PM
To: emerald@iea-software.com
Subject: Re: [Emerald] Total Control and Emerald 2.5

Info wrote:

> No, it was not. It never has. I sent it because I was asked to do so.
If
> it does you no good then why was I asked to do it? You can not access my
> database because I filter that out. I also do not use PC Anywhere because
> it is buggy and has crashed my Emerald server in the past.

Let me backtrack for a second here.

First and foremost, I am not a part of the support group. I am in the
Development group, and all envolvement I do here on the lists and on
the side is soley my own drive, and has nothing to do with support. If
they want a copy of your DB to test/work on something, thats fine.

Lamar has filtered access to his server as well. Him and I just worked
out a time for me to take a look at his DB (temporarily remove the
filters)
and I was able to fix his DB in about 5 mins. I have no problem helping
customers getting Emerald to work, but unless you want to compromise
with
me, then all I can do is try and help support when they escalate
something
to the dev group.

I just don't want you to get the wrong impression that I am not
supporting
you, when its not really what I do around here. :)