Re: [Emerald] Emerald 2.5 and MailSite 3.4.x

David Routh ( drouth@davlin.net )
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 12:19:28 -0600

At 10:13 AM 11/17/1999 -0800, you wrote:
>Lamar Townsend wrote:
>>
>> I was wondering if anyone had tried the new VerifyMailUser that Dale posted
>> in the list a few days ago and how does it work? Does the ESID need to be
>> changed or do you just drop the current proc and install the new on and
>> hang on? The current procedure is pretty bullet proof and I did not want
>> to go to the new one if anyone was having any trouble with it.
>
>If your current one is working, I wouldn't change it.

Damn, now you tell me...

I've got the new setup (proc) that was posted and yea, I'd have to say if
yours works leave it alone... It caused a little panic here after the
change... especially since I decided to do it while I was out of town...
just had to test that remote management...

Anyway, before we made the change I couldn't just put an email address in
the Email field and then have that account be able to get mail... after the
change it works OK.

Since we have virtuals that don't have many email addresses this works well
as we don't have to create Billing Groups, etc. to handle them.

Be sure and check the permissions on VerifyMailUser after (if) you make the
change...

Hope that helps, David