RE: [Emerald] 3com/Hiperarc

Ken Sorenson ( (no email) )
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 20:34:13 -0600

Well I did it.. DBartisan is cool.. Well see how it goes..

I recall seeing something about some timing settings in the actual 'arc
Radius config.. Something with the timeouts and retries.. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Ken

-----Original Message-----
From: emerald-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:emerald-request@iea-software.com]On Behalf Of Dale E. Reed Jr.
Sent: Monday, November 15, 1999 8:23 PM
To: emerald@iea-software.com
Subject: Re: [Emerald] 3com/Hiperarc

Ken Sorenson wrote:

> Thank you for the info, however, I am not sure I understand how the
> duplication creates the situation of missing a stop transaction. In
radius,
> we are not seeing the users leave, so when they call in again, Radius will
> not allow them on. Are we on the same page?

Completely. Here is the scenario:

1. The usr sends a stop request with ASID of 1111 on Nov 1 for user
jdoe.

2. The usr sends a stop request with ASID of 1111 on Nov 15 for user
janed.

The 2nd request is considered a dupe, if the username is not in the
primary
key (since everything else is the same), and hence is NOT stored in the
DB.
As a result the calls online is not updated, either.