Re: [Emerald] Exclusive remote Emerald access

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 11:22:46 -0800

SysOp wrote:

> Ronnie D. Franklin wrote:
> >
> > Not exclusivelly.. However it is used every day of the week via an ISDN and
> > sometimes via a analog dialup....
>
> Have you encountered any limitations when used remotely?

Processing bills or doing consolidation are going to be slower, but
not to the point were its painful. I just moved and only have dialup
at home and do a lot of Emerald dev/testing to a SQL server at work.
We've tried to indetify any performance issues with dialup and cache
the data to make a remote connect as similiar to a LAN connection
as possible.